We’re seeking a great fit for a role where design matters most.
The Staff Industrial Designer position researches, visualizes, and executes our Industrial Design team’s projects through reference gathering, industry trend analysis, ideation sketching, digital visualization techniques, stylistic surface modeling, mechanical problem solving, and model building. This position works alongside our other ID team members and reports directly to our Creative Director, who is also an Industrial Designer.
A great fit for this role shares our team’s core values and DIY culture. As a group of doers with backgrounds in spinning wrenches and failing quickly, we’re more flannel shirts than formal suits. If that sounds like you, we’d love to talk!
- Craftsperson-like ideals, extensive knowledge of traditional tools, and proficiency in various digital fabrication systems
- Strong ideation and visualization abilities
- Expertise in 3D CAD systems, primarily Fusion360 and Solidworks
- Extensive knowledge gained from working in a shop environment with wood, metal, and plastics, and both additive and subtractive fabrication
- Ability to lift 90 pounds, climb ladders and stairs, and work in a shop environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills and a passion for talking about design
- Interest and ability to keep up with changing digital and manual fabrication technologies
- Strong spatial, mechanical, and organizational skills
- Full-time competitive salary
- Health insurance coverage
- 401(k) matching up to 4% of salary
- Full after-hours access to studio & shop equipment
- Flexible schedule
- Work-from-home opportunities
- Client and industry travel opportunities