We’re seeking a great fit for a role where design matters most.
This position researches, visualizes, and executes our Industrial Design team’s projects through reference gathering, industry trend analysis, ideation sketching, digital visualization techniques, stylistic surface modeling, mechanical problem solving, and model building. Responsibilities include mentorship and guidance to our staff and junior ID team members when individuals are struggling with their work, or would benefit from outside perspective or training on technique, visual language, or design execution. This position works alongside our other ID team members and reports directly to our Creative Director, who is also an Industrial Designer.
Seniority in this role implies a high level of proficiency and prior experience in the technical, interpersonal, and communication skills required to produce top-quality work in our industry. Our firm relies on the Senior ID role to stay current on industry trends, emergent techniques and software, and to lead our Staff and Junior ID team members by their example.
A great fit for this role shares our team’s core values and DIY culture. As a group of doers with backgrounds in spinning wrenches and failing quickly, we’re more flannel shirt than formal suit. If that sounds like you, we’d love to talk!
- Craftsperson-like ideals, extensive knowledge of traditional tools, and proficiency in various digital fabrication systems
- Top-tier ideation and visualization abilities
- Full command of 3D CAD systems, primarily Fusion360 and Solidworks
- Extensive knowledge gained from working in a shop environment with wood, metal, and plastics, and both additive and subtractive fabrication
- Ability to lift 90 pounds, climb ladders and stairs, and work in a shop environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills and a passion for talking about design
- Interest and ability to keep up with changing digital and manual fabrication technologies
- Strong spatial, mechanical, and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving ability and the ability to conceptualize original and unique solutions to unconventional design challenges
- Full-time competitive salary
- Health insurance coverage
- 401(k) matching up to 4% of salary
- Full after-hours access to studio & shop equipment
- Flexible schedule
- Work-from-home opportunities
- Client and industry travel opportunities