This position researches, visualizes, and executes our design team’s projects through reference gathering, industry trend analysis, ideation sketching, digital visualization techniques, use of industry software, strategic problem solving, and vendor management. Responsibilities include mentorship and guidance to our Staff and Junior team members when individuals are struggling with their work, or would benefit from outside perspective or training on technique, visual language, or design execution. This position works alongside our other design team members and reports directly to our Creative Director.
Seniority in this role implies a high level of proficiency and prior experience in the technical, interpersonal, and communication skills required to produce top-quality work in our industry. Our firm relies on the Senior GD role to stay current on industry trends, emergent techniques and software, and to lead our Staff and Junior team members by their example.
A great fit for this role shares our team’s core values and DIY culture. As a group of doers with backgrounds in creating feverishly and failing quickly, we’re more flannel shirts than formal suits. If that sounds like you, we’d love to talk!
- A practical understanding of project requirements and their translation into design intent
- Proven creative project execution and successful transition to production processes
- Coordination with internal team members, contractors, vendors, and other industry partners
- Proficiency in design research, market segmentation, and reference collection
- Proficiency in ideation sketching and other visualization techniques
- Proficiency in graphics industry software
- Excellent organizational habits and abilities
- Interest and desire to mentor and guide others
- Aptitude in on-the-fly decision-making and problem-solving
- Participation in general office tasks such as scheduling, organization, filing, clean-up, phone calls, and email correspondence
- Participation in travel for client meetings, industry events, and company outings
- Full-time competitive salary
- Health insurance coverage
- 401(k) matching up to 4% of salary
- Full after-hours access to studio & shop equipment
- Flexible schedule
- Work-from-home opportunities
- Client and industry travel opportunities