We need a process-minded manager who understands what drives creative teams to do their best work.
As a key player on our team, you’ll work closely with our CEO and Creative Directors to refine and manage the work of our design teams. Your ability to zoom in to task-level and out to the big picture processes that drive our projects will be essential as you create, refine, and monitor the way our work works.
Whether it’s streamlining our firm’s existing operational systems or inventing new ways of working, your exceptional organization and communication skills will help us work together to tackle the toughest design challenges that come our way.
If you thrive on creativity and appreciate the feeling of making an immediate impact among your peers, we’d love to hear from you!
- Utilize your natural organizational habits and abilities to identify and research new ways of tackling our technical project-based challenges.
- Study, observe, and document the ways our firm operates while imagining improvements to our processes.
- Document and diagram your thinking and communicate it clearly to our leadership.
- Aid our Growth Manager and leadership team in balancing our team’s operational capacity and recruitment efforts.
- Meet regularly with our various business departments to optimize their efforts into a coordinated, strategic execution of our firm’s vision for growth.
- Keep detailed notes and track metrics that inform our sales, project execution, administration, finance, and other operational processes.
- Maintain relationships inside and outside of our industry in order to leverage the most impactful trends in people management and project coordination.
A great fit for this role shares our team’s core values and DIY culture. As a group of doers with backgrounds in spinning wrenches and failing quickly, we’re more flannel shirt than formal suit. Does that sound like you?
- Five or more years of business operations experience (preferred: five plus years of technical experience in the processes, tools, and terminology of product design, branding, and prototyping)
- Understanding of fundamental business operations and protocols, collaborative tools, and communication strategies
- Proven experience understanding strategic company vision and implementing operational tactics
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build trust and rapport with a team
- Aptitude in on-the-fly decision-making and problem-solving
- Ambition to help our team grow all aspects of our business
- Outstanding organizational habits and abilities
- Work with a talented and passionate team dedicated to excellence in design and innovation across all industries, including medical devices, defense, sports & outdoor equipment, automotive, and more.
- Build valuable relationships with top clients and industry leaders.
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule and competitive compensation package.
- Learn about the latest trends and technologies in the design industry.
- Create a meaningful impact on the growth and success of our team.
- Health insurance coverage
- 401(k) matching up to 4% of your salary
- Full after-hours access to studio & shop equipment for personal use
- Work-from-home opportunities
- Travel for client and industry meetings