May 31st – August 9th (10 weeks).
Lay the groundwork for your creative career in an environment where great Design matters most.
As an intern on our team, you’ll work closely with our Creative Directors and design teams to learn the best practices in our field, participate in a variety of client projects across industries, and contribute to our studio environment through infrastructure builds and the execution of your own personal projects. You will collaborate with a mentor and another intern on an agile team to set personal goals and track your progress in achieving them. Whether it’s market research, ideation sketching, CAD modeling, high-end renderings, or fabrication skills you hope to build, you’ve found the most well-rounded playground around!
Ultimately, you’ll reflect on 10 weeks of creative growth and look ahead to a stronger potential fit in the creative industry. Let’s do this!
- Strong ideation and visualization abilities
- A basic understanding of 3D CAD, specifically Fusion360™
- Safe practices in working with woods, metals, plastics, and both additive and subtractive fabrication
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a passion for sharing design ideas
- Reliable organizational skills
A great fit for this role shares our team’s core values and DIY culture. As a group of doers with backgrounds in spinning wrenches and failing quickly, we’re more flannel shirts than formal suits. If that sounds like you, we’d love to talk!
- Three or more years of undergraduate or graduate education in Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- Understanding of fundamental business operations and protocols
- Ability to lift 50lbs, climb ladders and stairs, and work in a shop environment
- Work with a talented and passionate team dedicated to excellence in design and innovation across all industries, including medical, defense, sports & outdoor equipment, automotive, and more.
- Build valuable relationships with top clients and industry leaders
- A flexible work schedule customized to work with your course load
- $20/hour compensation
- Full access to studio and shop equipment during working hours for professional and personal projects
- Travel opportunities for client and industry meetings